OpenIsamFile Failed?

When I try to create a new ISAM data index file, I get the error msg:

  "OpenIsamFile failed case 1"

in a msg box.
The only choice is to acknowledge the box and abort the rebuild.

I'm getting this error msg during a paste-in operation.  I don't
know if I'd get the same error if I remove the .idx file from my
main data file, but I'm not about to risk a test at this point.

Is anyone familiar with this part of TradeStation?  What could
have come undone?  As far as I know, nothing has changed in my
filesystem, but unless TS has a timebomb that says OpenIsamFile
will stop working as of Sept 10, 1998, SOMETHING must have got
lost, some dll, or something?

I find it hard to believe that the BMI date fiasco could have
broken something, but that's the biggest disturbance I've had
recently.  I haven't even had a GPF for months.  I am getting
a bit short on disc space.  Should rebuilding an ISAM index
take massive amounts of disc?  Copying out doesn't seem to.

Needless to say, this failure is a disaster of major proportions.
As many of you know, I'm still using TS 3.5, primarily because,
until last night, I could import custom data into its tick database.
This ability allows, for example, backup data from sources like
FutureSource, and most importantly for me, allows creation of
real-time "continuous" contracts, so that at S+P rollover, I've
got a meaningful chart of the new contract, using the adjusted
old contract.  I create a TS-style .dat file from whatever data
I'm starting with, then put it in the paste-in directory and let
TS "rebuild the corrupted index file."  Until last night.

Of course, I immediately distrusted my .dat file.  But when I
copied out some data from TS, and removed the index file, and
tried to paste-in that data file, I got the same error msg box.
So I'm pretty confident that something has broken in TS.

I had hoped to share the rollover data I created last night, as
I did last rollover, but I don't know if it'll work for anyone
without that .idx file.  In the meantime, I'll put the two files
I DO have, the no-suffix file, and the .dat file, on my ftp site
later today, and if anyone cares to try pasting-in with those
(I'm pretty sure you'll need TS 3.5, not TS 4.0) files, and if
it works, maybe they'd be so kind as to send me the .idx file
so I can use it too.

And if someone can help me get my own paste-in function working
again, I'll share the format of the .dat file, so you can write
your own data generator.

Jim