Re: defrag program

Had the same problem because something kept accessing the hard drive.  Try
this, shut every thing down then do a cold boot then run your scan disk.
this cut the full defrag on mine way down time wise.  Some programs leave a
piece of code in there that cannot bee seen and it will access the hard
drive every few seconds which makes scan disk start over but the cold boot
fixes that try it and let me know.