TS4 CPU Utilization/Offline mode

There was a post tonight which concerned the ramifications
of keeping the portfolio window open to minimize CPU
utilization. I've always assumed doing so =might= result in
lost ticks so I refrained from keeping that window open (or
even opening it during market hours).

I suspect, by now, just about everyone has noticed that the
CPU utilization is pegged at 100% with the server running
and that this rate dramatically decreases when the portfolio
window is open.

What I've =never= noticed is that CPU utilization is around
50% when running TS4 in the =offline mode=. I started
fooling around and noticed, not only did the rate decrease
when the portfolio window was open (which I had expected)
=but= it went down to almost zero merely by grabbing the
server window with the mouse and moving it slightly (and
continuously).

Anyone have an explanation for this? Other s/w I run (in the
same VDM as TS4) does not consume any processor time unless
it's doing something. Since the offline server, by
definition, is not collecting data, I can't figure out what
exactly it is doing. Further, I can't understand why the
mere act of moving the server window would result in such a
dramatic decrease in the utilization rate.

Best regards,
Jim