From: Earl Adamy <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Best way to learn Easy Language
Date: Tuesday, September 08, 1998 7:17 AM

Easy Language structure and syntax appears to be a derivative of early
Pascal,
which was one of the easiest programming languages to learn. Those
comfortable
with almost any programming language will find EL relatively easy to learn
and
use as long as systems are kept to a modest size - just use the code
provided by
Omega as a learning tool. The original BASIC required coding in a manner
which
was more suitable for the limited resources of early computers than for
human
beings and I would not recommend using it as a learning tool for EL. The
major
problem with learning EL via almost any other modern language (VB, C++,
Java) is
that a lot of time will be spend learning about subjects (e.g. user
interfaces
and data management) which are not required to use EL. There is a privately
published EL instructional book available, however I do not have the name -
someone on the list will undoubtedly provide it. If you are already
proficient
in one of the modern languages, the next generation of trading platforms,
including TS5, should provide the ability to code in or link to libraries
created with the language you already know.

Earl