Backtesting with TS

I've been playing with Supercharts and I've found that it's reports
have little value in backtesting position trades in stocks.  I'd like
to be able to have the system purchase a fixed dollar value and report
the percentage gain/loss.  I'd also like to set stops as a percentage
of price.

I queried support at Omega about TradeStation's capabilities and
received this response:

"System reports are the same in SuperCharts 4, TradeStation 4, and
TradeStation 5, however with TradeStation 4 or 5, you may create a
system in such a way that it uses percentages as inputs and produces
it's own system reports."

Are any of you using TS for equities, setting sensible stops and
getting meaningful reports when backtesting a stock that has, let's
say, a 10:1 price range?

Can "optimization" be tricked into working on these reports?

I'll appreciate hearing any of your experiences or opinions.

Thank you for your attention.

--
Brad