Re: Short term equity trading.

I can recommend Datek. Not only are they one of the cheapest around (9.99 each
way), but they are one of the fastest in getting your order to the market, and
often fill with internal crossing of orders. They also have a great deal of
fundamental data. They have a number of features missing with other brokers,
like stops on NASDAQ orders, re-using equity within the same day, and an
express server for faster order entry. The "instant" execution systems like
CyberTrader, MB Trading, etc. are very powerful, but are more likely to get
the beginner into trouble than be beneficial.

Be aware that stock trading can be artificially influenced by the general
market more than is seen in the futures markets; i.e. your perfect chart setup
is wrecked by a sudden buy or sell program.