Re: Russia - Problem - what problem?

You wrote:
> Russian interests aren't panning out for American companies. Recent
> turmoil there could cause some companies to loose big in Russia.
> Markets like to discount the future and I'm sure more than 1
> investor thought that Russia would prove a bonanza for American
> companies. So that light is fading. Next is the continuing erosion
> in Asia. No one touched the Yen today because the economy is so
> bad. Then there's Latin America which is still reeling and the US
> has a large stake. None of these economies the US has attempted to
> support are turning around as expected. That's got to concern some
> players. The problems in Russia exacerbated the problem beyond the
> breaking point.

Gosh, all the mutual fund companies assured us that
*diversification* in global markets was a GOOD thing!  The Asian
miracle would make us all rich.  Boundless growth was just oozing
from Latin American stocks and emerging capitalist economies like
Russia were a great buy!

Yeah right.  One of these days I'm going to start up the "Brooklyn
Bridge" fund...

- Hacker

---

Dark Hacker                   |  Fortress Of Computation
mail: hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  web:
http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/

Investment and Market Outlook:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Investment/index.html
Bishop Protein Analytics:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Bishop/index.html

       "Building our future... one twisted freak at a time."