RE: Globex S&P and emini

TJ,

I agree that day trading requires both elements you mentioned and I agree
with everything else you said.  I think sometimes volatilty is confused for
fast markets conditions which is responsible for larger than average
slippage.  Slippage in the S+P was the same back when it trade 990-1050 as
it was when it approached 1200.  Likewise on average slippage didn't change
ALL that much from when S+P was trading in the 400's to the 900's.  However,
as markets become more volailte during price mark ups, markets spend more
time moving fast and quick which leads to more times when slippage will be
high.  For example I will more often than not get normal slippage selling
into strength no matter what the markets doing or where it is.  If I insist
on trading a breakout and selling when everybody wants to then I should
expect on days when the market moves to pay more.

Volatility is the key to succesfull day trading but it doesn't always mean
you pay more to play.

Brian