Re : S&P 500 Daytrading system

Dans un courrier daté du 28/08/98 19:03:07  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 I have 18 different S&P 500 day and short-term trading systems all of which
 are 100% mechanical and developed using proprietary software which is far
 more powerful than TS( TS is used only to display the data and signals in
 only the systems that use the close as entry points). My  best and most
 active system generated 86 points yesterday and has been averaging about
 $4000 per day per contract with 77% winning trades, 6.7:1 risk reward and a
 $2345 drawdown  and $139000 in profits in the last 35 days (results are a
 little above the 7300 test sample due to recent volatility)!! Average entry
 risk is dictated by the market and is no more than 3 points about 95% of the
 time. No fixed stops or profit objectives are used as those systems that use
 them are more likely to fail a correctly conducted testing procedure. All
 trades have a 100% probability of making 3 points in profit before the
 retracing 2 points...

 How much is a system like this worth to institutions or to public on a
 leases or purchase fee basis?

 How much would you be willing to pay for this?

 In search of the Holy Grail.....

 RJP >>

If the system behaves realtime as you describe it, no need to sell or lease
it.

Start with one contact (1 lot) ASAP.
If you do not have the money to start, explain anything you want to your bank
(Your old mother diseases, you want to buy a new car to drive your son to the
school as you live in the desert and he do not know te basics of reading at
18...).

For the above examples, I have the solution  for you:

1) Hospital problem
Put your old mother in a charity hospital for a while and start to trade the
money initially you got to cure her.
In a few weeks, you will be able to buy the hospital, and you mother will be
better than now.
Do not have any excuse to present, as you were recently developping a good
trading system (costs a lot of time and money, so you were  currently unable
to help you mother, anyway).

2) Car problem:
Once you got the new car, sell it ASAP and trade the money the same day.
In a few years or less you will be able to buy General Motors and get
unemployed the man who has made so  much difficulties to sell you the new car.
If you sill have some money (wait a month or two, you can ask for money to any
bank as you are the legitimate GM owner now, trade it  then buy the Chase
Manhattan bank that refused the credit you asked first to buy your new car.
Then act the same  with the credint employee than with the car vendor above.

After all , they have not helped you in any manner!

If you still remember me after that, send me an E-Mail to thank me.
Before, it's not really necessary.
I can wait.

I believe that it's possible to achieve such results with very short term bars
(tick or 1 minute), but you need to test for slippage with more than one lot,
and on a huge database (years and years of  SP tick data)
If you fail , I have systems that do 10% to 30% of yours on average (eyeball
estimate, and depends on the market)
Takes longer for you  to buy GM, but your old mother will maybe not defeat
from a heart attack.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin