re: Questions, answers

>  1. Load chart, test system, get results, print results, save chart,
>  close tradestation, reopen tradestation, different results. Same
>  parameters, same data (weekend)  wassup? Why do the orders move
around?

Impossible, excepted with realtime intraday data under some
circumstances
(when the data window length changes from one day to an other ==> 20
days back
will encompass 20 days. Closing in the evening and reopening in the
morning
will produce 20 days back, but not the same 20 days).
This effect is sensible with with recursive calculaton (like exp.
average)

Hehe nice try, not impossible, I have the reports  and several
eyewitnesses to attest to it. Days are set to 500 on a 3 month futures
contract. Im not that much of a newbie.

>  2.  Why do I keep getting paged, if the order isn't changing?
Same  story with stops set in the stop window.

You may code your own pager alert in EL instead of using the default
setting. Then you may control when you send your stop orders to the
pager.

Thanks for the info, now any clue as to where I find out how to code
such a thing?

>  3 Why doesn't a system report fit on one page of paper? How can I
change  the font (some system font) that tradestation uses to print
reports?

Instead of printing directly, you may save the report to a file,then
print it from any word processor.

Gee I guess I'm lazy and I thought for the 2 lines that wrap to a second
page, a simple font command on the report that fed the printer and not
just the screen would be just the thing, or perhaps some hidden line in
an INI file somewhere might be employed to use a true type font instead
of the system font. any ninjas want to field this one?

>  4. In the system optimization window, if the net profit is greater
than  4 figures it doesn't fit in the column, so you have to continually

 resize the column every time you test a system. Yeah I could set my
font  to 4 points, I suppose.

Minor point...
A 12 font do not show the problem on my TS4 build 21.

Major point if you are doing optimizations all day, and have to move the
columns each and every time an optimization finishes. If the columns
sized to the width of the text within them, now that would be so fine.

>  5. Why are there no dates on orders in the  system control window?

There are dates and time information!

Sorry not on my screen there are not. Plenty of times but no dates. Not
in the system Tracking Control Center there are not. Have I located a
bug in my software?

>  6. Why can't I get  a list of orders for a system from inception to
now  in the system tracking window in order to check stop placement,
order  entry etc.? If I close TS I loose any previous order data. Could
be
a  toggle.

You may rely on the detailed performance summary in this case.

Detailed performance summary, is that another word for Trade By trade
report? I have never heard of detailed performance summary.  Is that an
add on that doesnt ship with the standard version? I want to see each
and every order, cancelled order, etc., from the beginning of the
dataset to the end,  I don't just mean entries and exits.

>  7. Why can't I put multiple data series on a chart in tick format?
Have you considered the sychronism problems when wanting to do this ?

 How are these different from say a 2 minute chart on the same screen
with a 37 minute chart and a 4 day chart?

>  8. Why can't I project indicators off into the future, the infamous
>  right side of the chart.?

Because you will need TS5.

OOOOOOh.

>  9. Why do Permanent Passwords Expire?

They do not, unless you upgrade or pay with instalment plan.
The definitive password is given after  3 months.

Really now, installment was paid  and settled a long time ago.

>  10. Why do Market orders not get sent until the bar after the order
is
>  triggered?

?????

Really, It happens.

>  11. Why can't I export/view/print a complete tick data set on a
futures
> contract?

To save the rainforest.
TS5 will allow this.

forget printing, how bout  so I can combine tick contracts into
continuous contracts so I can test a intraday strategy on long term
dataset? Hence the reason for  #12 below.

>  12. Why is there a 13,000 bar limit on a chart?

Why Pentium II 450 Mhz only run at 450 Mhz clock speed , mmmh ?
There are limitations in anything.
TS5 removes the 13000 bars limit.

>  There are others, but I can't think of them right now.

Good idea. Was enough for today.
This very same message has been seen on ths list months ago

I guess I am not the only one with these "features" eh?

>Sill amazing that this list is mainly self devoted to verbose
andunsatisfiedcustomers.

Oh I forgot to ask about the things that work correctly :-)

>Either you may make money wit TS (unmatched for the moment) , then you
>should be "globallly" satisfied, or you don't and you spend your time
to split
>hairs and bother innocent people here This is a simple point of view,
but I'm sure that I'm close to reality.

Esqueeze me? Asking for advice and help here, are you an Omega
programmer with a guilty conscience or something? I thought machines,
and the software running them was meant to serve people and not the
other way around.  What makes you think that I should be "globally"
satisfied with something that does not perform properly? or sems
wasteful, innefficient, and potentially flawed.  Especially if there is
a group of supposedly knowledgable users who might be able to lend a
hand?  Is that the way progress is made? Sorry If I offended anyone with
my inquiry. I use tradestation every day, and if I can get it to work
better by asking questions on this list then I think I should try. If
this list is not for inquiry and discussion , then what may I ask is it
for?

Thanks for trying.

David Elden