Re: Reaction to(...)Forex

Trevor,

do I understand you correctly ?

> When I traded with CMC, there were times when they moved the quote
> against me, but there were also times that I was able to deal at
> prices better than the market. I think it evened out over time, so I
> was no worse off using the internet rather than the telephone.

Have they given you better prices when you put in market orders and
the market had "moved away" in your favour ?

This is the first time I hear about this and I have never seen it
when running their system.

The only company which is supposed to work differently is Union CAL.
They don't quote you - you have to request a quote via the
internet and then you hit either side. Supposingly this trade is
standing unless Union-Cal pulled off the quote within those 2
milliseconds that it took to hit the button and reached their
computer.

This example hits one of the problems: Apparently all the
market-makers are very scared to have the execution side
(logically the point in time when the trade is closed) on the side of
the client computer. Because whenver the connection went down between
the client and them AFTER the client closed the deal on his screen
but BEFORE it was reported to them they would be in deep shit.

So all system close the trade on THEIR computer. And this is why they
can always cheat you - if they want to.

Gerrit