Re: Ticks + Volume

At 05:04 PM 12-08-98 +1000, you wrote:
>I need to historically test a tick based system. I
>have the data in the following format:
>
>"Date", "Time",  "C", "V"
>09/15/97,08:30,93.64,20
>09/15/97,08:30,93.64,15
>09/15/97,08:30,93.64,10
>09/15/97,08:30,93.64,20
>
>I need the volume and price information.
>I have tried importing into Tradestation but I
>only get the Price; no Volume. Should
>I be able to read in the volumes too ?

You can definitely chart ascii tick data in TS. I was just doing it a while back. But don't try pasting it in first - just chart the data as an ascii file.

I think your existing file should work as is, if you select "first line of data file" during the  data setup stage of charting.

If it doesn't, then follow the suggestion offered before of copying the close value to 3 new columns - O, H, and L before charting.

Don't give up, 'cause I'm pretty sure it can be done. Good luck.

Mike Gossland