Re: Electronic Orders Entry ...

Gary wrote:
>SNIP>
> But other brokers offer $18 or so RT, with lower margins, and they
> don't limit you to the mini, so...
>
> The IB rep said it's possible to use the software through other
> brokers that license it, and they may have lower minimums.

The whole margin discussion is silly - if one does not have 25k or more should
never bother trading FUTURES anyway - what IAB and others do is just to
protect THEMSELVES (the broker), OURSELVES (the crowd) and the
CUSTOMER himself for bancrupty on the first Greenspan burp. Whoever allows
and takes YOUR last 5k to open a futures account should end up in jail !

Years ago I read a statistic which went sth like that:

acc size < 20k  -> 90%+ loosers
acc size >100k -> 65%+ loosers
acc size >250k -> 45%+ loosers - at least below 50%

Ofcourse thats all just about little acc´s can not diversify enough and not stand a
little burp of the market

I think IAB is perfectly ok with 5k for a mini !

rgds hans