Re: Trading as a way to financial success (a reply)

  • To: "Charles Wright" <skt@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Trading as a way to financial success (a reply)
  • From: "The Omega Man (TM)" <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:10:37 -0400 (EDT)

Charles Wright wrote:

>That is, that "what is seen is temporal but what is unseen is
>eternal."

Oh?  What makes the unseen eternal?  How do you know it is?

Then Charles wrote:

>Take God, for example.  One can know beyond a shadow of a
>doubt that He exists without ever having seen Him -- that is, having
>no certainty in the usual sense of the word.  Truth is only understood
>by faith.

No...  one cannot know anything by "faith".  We know nothing by "faith", nor
by whim, nor by emotion.
Rather, our epistemology, our way of knowing things, is through the use of
reason.
Reason tells us that there are no mystical beings such as are referred to
as:  "Gods",
psychics, magicians, faith healers, etc., etc.

>Our concept of certainty, or knowledge, is, in truth, just something
>we strongly believe.

No...  our concept of certainty, or knowledge, is based on our use of our
rational faculty, our use of reason.

All the best,

The Omega Man (TM)

I swear - by my life and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake
of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.