RE: BABY BOOM ... myth disposed

> Bruce,
>
> the bulls are back again - nice to hear from you..

Hello again.  I have to give Gerrit a lot of credit, because he was the only
bear on the list to go on the record and tell me specifically what to do
with my money last March when I first posted a message about the baby boom
effect.  He told me to put 80% of my money in bonds and leave 20% in stocks.
March was a great month for the S&P, but I think we spoke towards the end of
it, so for the year so far, you're beating the buy-and-hold crowd.
Congratulations (and don't forget to email me when you think investors
should jump back in...).

> You should get yourself this week Economist. <<SNIP>>

EXCELLENT magazine, used to read it religiously, but I got a little tired of
weeding out the important stuff from the endless articles on such things as
the battle between the Sri Lankan government and the Liberation Tigers of
Tamil Elam...

> Taking this into consideration it boils down to the fact that
> savings in relationship to income are at a record low. <<SNIP>>
>
> BTW: At which levels do you want to see the P/E ratios ? Are we
> looking for Japanese style P/E's when we were hitting 36,000 ?

You've raised two important issues- the US savings rate and what happened in
Japan.  I'm going to post a message about the myth of the US savings rate
soon, and in doing so I'll be referring to Japan.  Once I've done so,
Gerrit, we'll go head-to-head on these issues and their implications for
investors.

Bruce