Re: BABY BOOM ... myth disposed

Bruce,

the bulls are back again - nice to hear from you..

> If you read my message concerning the market bubble / bear market
> myth, you already know HOW (in my opinion) the market has been going
> up and will continue to do so.  The baby boomer effect on the
> economy is creating enormous amounts of real money that is flowing
> into the market.

The baby boomer argument has been you favourite argument for quite
some time now.

You should get yourself this week Economist. There is a very
interesting small article about the savings ratio of the American
public.This figure has fallen sharply recently because of the way how
it is calculated. They have changed the method and are now excluding
mutual fund distributions.

Taking this into consideration it boils down to the fact that
savings in relationship to income are at a record low.

Furthermore it seems that the average American public has been on a
spending frenzy because they felt that they were rich because their
mutual funds had gained in value.

So what happens when the mutual funds go down and people do not feel
so rich anymore ?

BTW: At which levels do you want to see the P/E ratios ? Are we
looking for Japanese style P/E's when we were hitting 36,000 ?

Stocks are expensive and no "Baby boom" or whatever argument will
change that fact. When P/E ratios are approaching the average life
expectancy of the investing public then you get into the danger zone.

No one can imagine a company's earnings 40 years in advance because
you will be dead by then.

Gerrit