Portfolio Trading and trade allocations--Clarification

Mark:

The number of contracts have already been normalized, which in effect is like
setting them to the price of gold, though I have used a fixed dollar amount and
an average true range for each commodity in the equation.

Hmm..well, I guess I am asking...how much margin on a fixed portfolio
should be used? Obviously, if you are trading $1mill in capital, you don't use
all of
it in capital. If the drawdowns are acceptable, do you do something like take
three times the max drawdown and then use the rest for margin?

Tim