RE: EL Data Compression

The easiest thing to do and with virtually identical results is to just deal
with daily data. If you are interested in a 9 week moving average, then use
avg(close, 45), since a week is 5 trading days. Yes, there can be anomolies
when you consider some weeks only have four trading days. Depending on what
you are looking for, this suggestion could be more reflective of what you
want than using weekly data, since weekly data sometimes has 3, 4, or 5
trading days.

If I am not seeing something important, I would appreciate comments from
others on the list.

Neil