Re: Trading as a way to financial success (a reply)

Steve:

I don't disagree with what you wrote. However, I'll add one thing: Let's assume
Trader J or Omega Head is right in his assumption and take it to its hilarious
conclusion. You now work for BOX Omega, the creation of some mad programmer 100
years ago. And all markets are now being traded with computers...It's no longer
possible to compete with these computers because programmers have now been able
to surpass the ability of mere humans to make decisions. All trading has now
been reduced to computation ...

Uhhhh...folks...if it was THAT programmable, the freakin' boxes would all be
doin' the same thing! They'd be the easiest freakin' sheep to trade against.
They'd all have sifted their way to a standstill and every time one of them went
to trade, they'd all trade, ad nauseum...
It just doesn't work that way.

I agree some parts of trading are automatable. That doesn't lessen the
importance of knowlege of the markets. In fact, it puts a premium of those of us
that can think, react, and use our insight to take advantage of the quick herds
of sheep roaming the electronic fields of trading these days. We're now the
quick nimble mountain fighters, taking our shots as that fat grazing herd moves
into view, and then hiding behind the rocks when they raise their big shaggy
chip-filled heads....

Like that mental picture, Neal?

Best,

Tim Morge