Re: Trading as a way to financial success (a reply)

Neil[Not to be confused with Neal]:

I see the fractal nature that some folks talk about and in fact, I use the same
tools and the same techniques whether I am trading daily data or fifteen minute
data. But what little I have seen of system trading appears to show that systems
don't perform the same on different time frames. And when I think about it, I do
use the same tools, but I have different goals for longer term trading. Maybe
something gets lost in the compression of the timeframes? Maybe the fixed costs
of execution, slippage and commission [I call it all SKID] begins to dwarf the
patterns as you move to smaller and smaller times? Or maybe when you get to
smaller time frames. even with today's technology and the speed of information,
you get less and less follow through waves of buying/selling as you peer down
into smaller time frames, and hence the wavelets don't fully unfold [what the
hell am I trying to say here??]?

Anyway, shorter time frames show some of the characteristics of daily or longer
time frames, but I'm not willing to say they are the same or that they
feel/trade the same. I'd like to hear a seasoned systems trader's opinion on the
matter?

Tim Morge