Re: simple EL systems

Dennis Holverstott wrote:
<snip>
>This may or may not be what Jeff wants. If you reset to 99999 or
>whatever, the system will only trade on the second bar of the day and
>won't trade at all if it's an inside bar.

Yes, this is true!  Good point, just as good as all the
others in your reply.

I have personally learned a tremendous amount about writing
EL from reading your replies Dennis.  Thank you.

I've found whenever I start with a trading idea, I usually
"think" that I've stated "all of the rules".  However, after
I apply the system, I usually discover there are
"conditions" that need to be covered with additional
"statements".

Learning to write EL has made me a better trader, not
because I have become "mechanized" (I haven't, because I
haven't learned to program my intuition<G>), but because it
causes me to consider more and more possible conditions for
even the simplest trading plan.

Thanks again Dennis.  I'm sure you've helped more people
than you realize!

Ron

PS.  Here's one to "stump" the programmers.  I'd like to
input the date & time of a SwingLow, then plot every fifth
hour thereafter.