Re: simple EL systems

Jeff asks:
>Don't fish for me. Teach me to fish.  Where can I find further resources
>that will help me learn more of the ins-and-outs of coding?

Art Putt sells an excellent book on learning EL. APutt@xxxxxxx

Neal replies (quite inapropriately):
> Call Sam Tennis and next time use Super Charts.

Supercharts???? Gimme a break. You can't do anything more than the most
rudimentary programming with it. Sam Tennis???? Jeff says he wants to
learn how to fish, not pay someone to fish for him. Neal, I respect you
as a trader and I know you don't have much use for TA but at least read
the question before you answer it.

Jeff again:
>I'd like to workup, for instance, a system that takes the high and low of
>the first bar of the day, and makes each an entrypoint for a daytrade.
>Exit at close.
<snip>
>Oh, okay.  If you have a moment, bait the hook for me too.

OK, here's some bait...

-------------
var: hi(99999), lo(0);

if date > date[1] then begin
  hi = high;
  lo = low;
end;

buy hi stop;
sell lo stop;

{Set the system properties to "close all trades at the end of the day
session".}
----------------

Another tip... DO NOT use the built-in trailing stops. Code your own.
Long story but trust me on this one.

ps - I just saw Ron's answer...

> Buy FirstBarHigh stop;
> Sell FirstBarLow stop;
>
> FirstBarHigh = 99999;
> FirstBarLow = -99999;

This may or may not be what Jeff wants. If you reset to 99999 or
whatever, the system will only trade on the second bar of the day and
won't trade at all if it's an inside bar.

--
   Dennis