simple EL systems

Hi...

This is a not-quite-desperate plea for help.  I'm a Tradestation 4.0
newbie, and

   - I've viewed the Becoming Fluent in EL video
   - I've read the Easy Language workbook
   - I've successfully completed the examples

But seems to me, I don't know squat.  I know how to use some of the most
basic functions of the language, but not nearly enough to even workup some
simple systems.

I'd like to workup, for instance, a system that takes the high and low of
the first bar of the day, and makes each an entrypoint for a daytrade.
Exit at close.  Sounds simple enough, but the propeller on my beanie is
spinning into overdrive.

Don't fish for me. Teach me to fish.  Where can I find further resources
that will help me learn more of the ins-and-outs of coding?  The manuals
are virtually useless.  I'm more than willing to play trial and error games
til my typing fingers seize up in arthritic knots.

Oh, okay.  If you have a moment, bait the hook for me too.

Thanks for any help.. and for all your interesting posts...

Jeff Caplan
jeffwcbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx