Re: SMRT and GC98Z

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: SMRT and GC98Z
  • From: fpi@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:09:12 -0400 (EDT)

At 05:30 PM 7/31/98 -0400, you wrote:
>It appears to me as if SMRT has broken out from a H&S continuation pattern
>which points for a minimum target around 8.5-9.

***Min target is 9.375.

>GC98Z appears to me as going to test 290 after an ABC wave correction
>against the 50% retracement level (intraday highs approached 62%).
>Moreover, assuming that my countings are correct and GC98Z is not
>consolidating (a valid assumption in my humble opinion because of the high
>volume in the past wee), GC98Z is just on its third wave of a larger degree
>wave3.   And waves 3s are supposedly the most extended moves; both degrees
>together call for immediate action.
>
>On a little bit fundamental side, the Japanese election appears to be a joke
>for me since the darn conservatives remain in power although the new prime
>minister seems to be aggressive but that is relative talking.  With CD98U
>weak as I am physically, dollar is likely to stay on the rise.  Both points
>to a more serious downturn in gold prices.
>
>In short, the big picture appears ugly and I would short gold if it breaks
>down 290 (assuming I didn't short it already).

***Since you seem knowledgeable in classical technical analysis, notice the
H&S Bottom failure with the takeout of the left shoulder low of 294.30. A
sell-stop at 294.20 would have been your best technical entry.

Considering you are in high school, you seem to have a good jump on a
future of successful trading/investing.

FPI