hard disk on/off

That's a long time question
A few years ago when the disk were made for 30 000 hrs, the problem was
different, but now they are made for 150 000 hours and more before they
defect, and I  think on/off use them more than spinning.
If you have some money to spend, buy a voltage regulator, ( a good one, not
one at $10), you will help all your computer.
A couple of years ago there were a big difference between the brands, but
now we don't see any difference, the prices of the disks are low, and you
don't change them because they have problems, but because they are too
smalls, remenber two years ago when you see 500 mo, now you do nothing with
that, what do you think you will do in 2001 with 5 GO, nothing...
MG