Re: SCSI vs IDE

SCSI has a lot of problems working comfortably and efficiently in a
DOS/Windows environment but it is faster.  Installing and integrating is not
trivial and --in my opinion-- not worth the aggravation.  IDE is generally
sufficient for almost any set of normal applications and the Pentium II data
bus is 66Mhz (twice that of a regular Pentium), so that alone improves the
throughput.

A case for SCSI could be made if you have a heavy-duty server application
with multiple hard-drives, but you better have a SCSI Geek on staff and
sleeping in the back room to keep the thing running.