From: Chris Baker <chrisbak@xxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, July 24, 1998 11:47 AM
Subject: Omega Server: I/O 100%, 0%

    I am sometimes getting I/O 100%, 0% and my computer does not even respond to the
mouse.
    This occurs even if I close TradeStation Charting.   Nothing else is running on the
    Pentium 233 other than a UPS management program.   Microsoft System Monitor shows
there is
    plenty of available memory.

    I tried running TradeStation on a separate computer in the network, as some suggested
    here, but receive a message about the security block is missing.

    Omega has argued in the past that thousands of customers are using TradeStation
    successfully.   This time I received a message from Omega Support which starts:
"Please
    keep in mind that the Server is a 16 bit program and will take up 90- 100% of the
    processor.  However there are steps we can take to help the computer run more
efficiently
    . . . " (which included defragging the hard drive).

    I find the Omega Server typically taking 40% of the CPU, which isn't a problem, but
the
    Omega Server is clearly overwhelming my Ultra-wide SCSI hard drive.  Any  suggestions?
    Thanks