Re: Internet security

If you need to have file sharing activated, you can protect your
hard-drive(s) by assigning a password protection to it.

I downloaded the winhack.zip file, but it contains only a series of
documentation files and some "C" language source code and what appears to be
a compiled "C" program.  There is no .EXE program that can be run on your
computer - and how to use the Hack is vague, at best.  I also could not find
much additional information at the Site.

It appears from the documentation that you must be logged on to IRC using
mIRC or one of the popular chat programs.  It doesn't seem to indicate that
there is any other way that you would be vulnerable to an attack.  If this
is the case, the likelihood of anyone hacking your computer while you're on
the Net, but not on IRC appears non existent.

If anyone has any more details on how the WinHack program allegedly works,
please post it.