Re: The future is here

Hi Hans,

You wrote:
>How much will various internet items on your pc
>delay each other?

Apart from the speed of your computer, I think there are two things that
may determine the speed at which you receive data:

1. Modem speed
I think you could do much better with a faster modem. My 56k modem is
not, as its name would suggest, twice as fast as your 28.8k modem but it
is about 30% faster. However, I understand that ISDN is economically
priced in Germany and this is the way I think you might consider going.

2. Your Internet Service Provider
Here in the UK one of the Internet magazines conducts performance tests
every month on over 100 UK ISPs and the results show a huge difference
between the fastest and slowest. The time taken to download four web
pages varies from 11.9 secs for the fastest to 56.7secs for the slowest.
You might want to check your local Internet magazines to see if they
conduct similar tests in Germany.

Hope this helps.

Michael Soliatis