Importing data by hand

There are about 30 weekly market indexes that I get from Barrons and enter
into a flat file format with my ASCII text editor.  These aren't available to
be downloaded electronically.  I want to be able to automatically update my
data directory with these each week.  The method of ASCII importing these via
the Omega DownLoader is too cumbersome because it appears that it has to be
done one symbol at a time.  Correct me if I am wrong.

On the other hand, it appears that the DownLoader will batch load a Metastock
formatted group of symbols.  It may do this for other non-ASCII data formats
as well.  I am a programmer and could write a utility to convert my flat file
ASCII format to Metastock or other format, that is if I had the Metastock
format specifications.  It looks like a Metastock data directory has MASTER
and EMASTER files, as well as a .DOP and a .DAT file for each symbol.

Any help would be appreciated on a data format specification, or code that
reads the data format, or even an undocumented trick to batch import ASCII
format data into the DownLoader.  Or, is there a way to update the Omega data
files directly without using the DownLoader?

Thanks, Barry.