Bad Initial Ticks

The TS 4.0 server is architected to store daily ticks as an offset of
the first days trade. As a result, if the first tick transmitted by the
data feed is off, the first tick of every data block during that day
must be manually edited. While, thankfully, a bad initial tick isn't the
norm, when it does occur we realize it requires a great amount of time
and inconvenience to correct. We sincerely apologize for this fact.

I can assure you, however, that one of our top objectives in designing
our next generation server and applications has been to take these kinds
of design decisions into account to insure, among other things, that
data feed errors on the first tick of the day do not cause anywhere near
the kind of inconvenience they cause today.

Thank you very much for your continued support, patience and input. All
three are truly valued and appreciated.

Janette Perez
Omega Research, Inc.
janette.perez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:janette.perez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>