Re: EL Question

At 11:07 AM 7/17/98 -0500, Robert W Cummings wrote:
>How would you code a cross over indicator not to plot until a certain
>number of bars had past say 5 bars then plot if a cross occurs to smooth
>it. Example would be slowk and slowd 9 bar setting.
>
>Thanks In Advance
>
>Robert

Sorry I didn't make what I was trying to do clear. This example maybe will
help.
This indicator will cross and depending on which direction will signal
direction up or down for market direction. When the market gets into a
choppy market or short narrow channel it will signal up and down within a
few bars giving multiple signals in each direction. I'm want to get rid of
the signals in the choppy times and short narrow channel times by not
letting it give a signal unless at least say 5 bars have past since the
last cross was signaled. If plot1 crosses over plot2 on a 2 minute bar
chart at 9:00am its okay to give this signal but at 9:02am plot1 crosses
under plot2 I do not want it to signal anything. Then at 9:06am if there is
any kind of cross its okay to signal. There might have been a cross at
9:02am and 9:04am but I would not get a signal if it was doing what I
wanted or trying to accomplish.

input:length(9);
Plot1(Slowd(LENGTH),"SLowd");
PLot2(Slowk(LENGTH),"Slowk");