Re: Easy as 1-2-3-4-5-6

A trade station doctor...what wrong with the product that you need to call a
doctor?
-----Original Message-----
From: Orphelin@xxxxxxx <Orphelin@xxxxxxx>
To: Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 16, 1998 7:51 AM
Subject: Re : Easy as 1-2-3-4-5-6

Dans un courrier daté du 16/07/98 04:59:41  , David L. Miller écrit :

<<
OK, all you Omega Bashers...and you know who you are...Lighten-up, for
God's sake.

After all, there's plenty to be thankful for.  You should be thankful,
for instance, that Omega does not build airplanes.  You should be
thankful that Pierre does not inspect them.  And, above all else, you
should be thankful for persons of character such as Bob Brickey whose
TradeLab software is destined to lift us all up to a much-needed Higher
Level.

Dont worry about my TradeStation planes: They fly very well since 1992 and
you
can even observe  them from the ground without any risk to see one of them
crashing down on you.

<<
Seen from that perspective, why waste energy beating a Dead Horse?
Instead, do yourself a favor and Take the Cure:

The french Doctor will modify the posology and correct some prescription
mistakes that may damage your future health:

(1) Check out TradeLab at http://sciapp.com/index.html

You can.It's safe.
It's always interesting to read whats going on.

(2) Subscribe to the TradeLab mail list (e-mail:
tradelab-digest-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx);

You can too.
Do not forget to unsubscribe to Omega-List in the same time, if you do not
feel comfortable with TradeStation.
This will protect the health of the remaing contributors to this list.
There is no need to transmit your diseases to healthy people.

(3) Begin familiarizing yourself with Visual Basic;

Easy like 123 for programmers.
If you are not really one, and if you have some dificulties with Easy
Language, VB will not solve them for you.
Think also to the time to spend to convert years of programming code in EL
into VB.
Think also debugging.
Think also that you will miss the opportunity to use some add -ons to
TradeStation, unless they are replaced by their equivalents in VB.
TradeLab will certainly be a very powerful program, I have no doubt on this.
It will fit most of the needs of high skilled programmers that are somewhat
limited by TS4 16 bits.
But as TS5 removes most of the limitations , this will spare the previous
investment in Omega software.

(4) Ask yourself the following question: "Why should I send Omega a $500
upgrade fee when I can apply that money toward purchasing TradeLab?"

Also think: How much my time costs to me to learn a new software, a new
language, a new way to debug my custom VB programs.
If the answer is: $500 either you are a genius, or you use to work for an
hourly rate that could make an homeless people absolutelyascertain that he
his
the richest man over the world.
If the answer is no, you will consider to continue with TS5, and also, as
the
money is not a problem for you, use tradeLab aside TS.

If you are a genius, please tell me. I wish to personally know one in my
life.

(5) Answer the above question with your wallet;

Bad choice.
If your wallet makes the decison for a ridiculous amount of $ 500, I guess
that the futures game is not for you, and that no software will help you to
take the necessary risk.
See above and reconsider the true value of your time, of your software, and
always compare to what it makes you earn.

(6) If you *still* feel compeled to Bash, go back to #4 above and Guess
Again.

I f you go crazy and enter into an infinite loop between #4 and #6 , delete
this message and stop to ask yourself stupid questions: This was in fact the
core of your problem.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
TradeStation doctor.