Visiting the CBOT & CME Floors: What to Look For?

Dear Group,

I leave Seattle this Friday to spend some time in Chicago (for the first
time since 1952, when my father took me to a national political
convention).  While I am there, my broker has arranged for me to spend
Wednesday on the CBOT floor (mainly Bonds & Dow) and Thursday on the CME
floor (S&P), "shadowing" the broker's floor managers.

What should I be looking for?

What information can be gleaned from such a visit?

While I've been trading for many years, I've never personally observed
the action on the floor.  I request your suggestions, particularly from
those of you who have some experience on the floor, on how I might
maximize my opportunity.

I also invite suggestions re fun things to do and interesting places to
see in Chicago --- I'll have a room a few blocks away from the exchanges
but no car, so all transportation will need to be public.

Sincerely,

Richard Josslin