Re: TL_FW: Signal ROS Version 75.00

Scientific Approaches wrote:

> The following message was just received from Omega:
>
> >                 Hello Mr. Brickey,
> >
> >                 We are in the process of testing the new ROS
> > with the version 4 of our Data Server for Signal.  At this
> > point in time, we have not determined that the Server will
> > require an update.
> >
> >                 All that needs to be done is to replace the
> > files SPLUS.HEX and SPLUS.LOD in the OMEGA\SERVER\SIG
> > subdirectory with the files supplied by Signal.  Then simply
> > remove power from the Signal box for a few minutes, plug
> > the box back in, and start the Data Server for Signal.  This
> > will load the new ROS from our Server into the box.
> >
> >                 Please let us know if you have any problems
> > once the new ROS is running.
> >
> >                 Sincerely,
> >
> >                 Ron Ruth
> >                 Omega Research, Inc.
> >                 Customer Support
>
> It seems likely the server software will have to be upgraded, if for no
> other reason, to be able to receive dates with four digit years.  Otherwise,
> a date like 08/01/1998 probably will be interpreted by the server as
> 08/01/19.  However, this is what they said.
>
>   -Bob Brickey
>    Scientific Approaches
>    sci@xxxxxxxxxx

OBVIOUSLY as usual Omega is in Year 2000 denial. This would mean that DBC customers will be up the
creek on the following cut off dates. Looks like Omega will either have to get out the patch for TS
4.0 that they promised early second quarter 98 (that they failed to do) or release the buggy un beta
tested so called (because only one beta tester I know of claims to have a y2000 TS 5.0 beta, which I
don't believe) year 2000 compliant TS 5.0? Looks like the vocal (obviously minority) Omega haters
have had a valid point all along. Wonder what their market forecast are like. If they can predict
the markets with the same accuracy as the failure of Omega to spend some money and resources to keep
this software up to date... well then. Home alone and worried!

This upgrade to 75.03 Plus ROS (aka splus.lod) includes a couple of enhancements including full
support for stocks to be displayed in resolutions of
16ths, the proposed use of decimals, values for the Dow Jones Industrial Average over 10,000 and
full year 2000 compliance.

Recently the NYSE, AMEX and NASD stock exchanges made changes to allow for the trading of stocks in
smaller increments of 1/16ths in addition to
1/8ths. This change effects stocks trading above $32. Trading in 1/16ths is now available to Signal
and StockEdge equity clients on the BRAVO cable
network.

Cutover Dates:  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOOK HOW CLOSE THIS CUTOFF DATE IS FOLKS!!!!!!!!

7/31/98 - Echostar, European Satellite, CSPAN Cable, WGN Cable
8/31/98 - CNBC Cable, AMC Cable

--
  TC