Fills on the Big S&P

Dear Larry,

As far as the Emini goes if your level is at the market its instantaneous,
with the S&P it can be within 40 seconds most of the time except in fast
markets and when it can take an age.  What you do know is that your filled
where the mkts trading 3-5 seconds after you hit the send button.   If I was
trading in size I would probably go direct to floor and have the squawk.

I understand from the CME that this year more brokers will be using the
electronic platform which should be reflected in better commisssions for
both contracts.

rgds Michael Stewart

Would someone mind explaining to me how to best approximate the rapid
electronic fills of the e-mini contract in trading the full size S&P?
The objective is to trade with close stops, which presumes that you know
whether your entry order was filled or not.  I'd like to be able to run
TS and some order entry system on my home PC at the same time and be in
tight control of my positions.

Are you always at the mercy of the floor, which seems to mean that it
could take you 20 minutes to definitely know if and where you've been
filled, while with the e-mini this is virtually instantaneous?  I've
seen the Leo system operate for the e-mini and this seems ideal, but was
told even here it can sometimes take a long time for fills to come back
for the full sized contract.  I'd use multiple e-minis except for the
commission disadvantage.

What is the best approach  for quick feedback on the big S&P for both
limit and stop orders?

Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.

Larry McBride