Re: Dinapoli ELA

Hello Visavis,
I've become involved in this due to my passion for Fibs..
Here are some personal perspectives:
Advanced DiNapoli Levels are too complex for most ELA programmers. I've worked with a trader/programmer on this, and we concluded that it is better to wait for v5 of TradeStation so the trader can better protect his programming efforts from theft/fraud, and because version 5 allows ELA's to go beyond the 64k limitation.
Also, I'm beta-testing a Windows version of DiNapoli's DOS FibNodes package. It has features which could not be provided in TStation, so it might be worth looking into that package in the mean-time. I'm liking it more with each new release.
Much of the D-Level methodology is not appropriate for mechanical programming techniques. This is good because it helps ensure the techniques will "work", but it makes for difficult/impossible programming.
I've watched Joe DiNapoli work with the excellent programming staff at CQG since Sept '97 on this issue, and only now is their product in beta-testing. This would suggest that any attempt at this would be a major undertaking, and would probably require Mr DiNapoli's direct involvement.

I saw the CQG product a few months ago, and drooled! If only such functionality could be programmed into an ELA.
-Neal.

At 02:52 AM 7/7/98 +0800, you wrote: >>>> Anybody have the ELA indicators of Dinapoli levels? -
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v Visavis v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

--- DiNapoli Fibonacci techniques - http://www.fibtrader.com