Re: Holiday charting gap

Harry:

Here's a quote from Dennis of Omega that should help:

Q:  What other problems can I expect on the day after the holiday?

A:  Your intraday and/or daily charts might contain gaps, which can alter
results of any technical analysis. For example, when calculating a trend
line,
you should not include days with no trading.

Q:  How can I fix this "time gap" problem?

A:  From the TradeStation or SuperCharts main menu, use the Tools - Options
menu
sequence. Click on the Price Data tab. Clear the checks from the first two
check
boxes in the dialog box and click OK. This removes all of the gaps on every
intraday and daily chart on every workspace.

Q:  Doesn't that throw off my trend line analysis if there really is a time
gap
that's not due to the holiday?

A:  Yes. However, most traders aren't too concerned about this because
trading
(most of the time) is constant throughout the day.

That should help.

Tim Morge