Re: Larry Williams Track Record

Michael J. Doiron wrote:

> It is one thing to purchase materials to get additional trading insights or
> ideas, it's another to blindly follow someones advice or techniques.  Some
> of these guru's have their advisory track record on display in CTCR
> (Commoity Traders Consumers Reports).  For most it ain't pretty.
>
> Mike

CTCR tracks Commodity Timing as a matter of fact.  The figures for 1997
are:

margin nec. for all trades; 65K . profit based on 130K acct: 77% after
commission/slip. deduction;  drawdown 23K.

These are hypothetical trades but without the benefit of hindsight. i.e,
CTCR tracked the advisory.  They follow logical rules on fills, but the
slippage is an assumption.

To me that's pretty darn good.  But you would want to get a track record
for other years and they sell a record for $30 (if you are a subscriber)
of all trades for a given advisor.  Mr. Williams may have a number of
systems or services and you would want to find out if the one you are
considering is the one used in this daily advisory.

CTCR:  800-832-6065.

I have no relationship with either Mr. Williams or CTCR other than being
a subscriber to CTCR.

							Conrad Bowers