Re: Larry Williams

Robert W Cummings wrote:

> > Well I feel some things must be said in defense of Larry.
<snip>

> > My relationship with Larry goes back a few years, about ten I think. In that
> > ten years I have studied Larry's published and unpublished work
> > with zeal. I can only say I have been rewarded many times over for my
> >efforts.
> > I would advise any serious student of the market to take the same path.
>
> Robert

Robert,

Hmmmm. I do have a question here. Why does Larry sell the "Money Tree"
based on technical analysis, and then go on record in TASC magazine
saying that Technical analysis does not work? I was distressed
to hear him make such a statement. His high profile in the industry
and public eye meant that many would take such a comment seriously,
doing damage to TA in general. Is not this somewhat hypocritical?

IMHO, Larry is a very talented trader, and a very poor technical
analyst. This statement is made after much review of his analytical
work in many areas. Very few of his public contributions to the field
of TA have been original or new. This is not meant as a criticism, it
is simply my observation and my opinion. Perhaps his unpublished work
is more original?

Those who question my observations are welcome to review my
qualifications at:

http://www.cistrader.com/resume.html

Or review my articles in the June issue of Technical Analysis of
Stocks and Commodities magazine, or the upcoming August issue of TASC.

Of course, all dissenting viewpoints other than those suggesting my
Mother wears army boots, are most welcome.<g>

Regards,

Walt Downs
CIS Trading