Re: Another battery problem?

Good possibility that's the case -- I've seen machines where enough juice is
left to hold the CMOS data, but not to keep the clock current.  This
condition generally does not last long, as the battery will soon fail.  If
it's been happening for a while, it's probably something else.  If the
machine prompts you for a date and time setting when you boot, that's
usually because the AUTOEXEC.BAT file is corrupted or missing.

You should be able to get a replacement battery, but some are soldered to
the mother-board.  In that case, you need to cut one of the wires to the
battery and get a new one that will clip on to the connections of the old
battery.  Probably a job for your local Nerd if you're not comfortable
poking around inside the box...