Re: Re : TS 4.0 for sale

In a message dated 98-06-26 17:27:02 EDT, bruceb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Pierre, capitalism can always find a way around regulation.  For instance,
>  suppose a buyer and seller of a copy of TS4 agree on the price of $1,000.
>  The buyer could pay the seller $900 upon delivery of the program, and pay
>  the remaining $100 upon delivery of the Y2K patch.  The seller (the
original
>  TS owner) gets the patch legally from Omega, passes it on to the buyer, and
>  gets his $100.  Both buyer and seller have a strong interest to see that
the
>  patch is transferred.  Problem solved.  For those of you who already bought
>  a private copy of TS4 without such a clause in the deal, track down the
>  original owner and be prepared to spend a little more money...

Solution yes.  Shorted sighted, absolutely.   First of all,  by the time the
patch comes out things might have changed enough it isn't worth $100 for the
hassle to the seller.  Then the buyer still has a problem.  Same thing with
future upgrades.  A penny wise pound foolish solution.   As a seller I can
understand someone who will no longer be using it trying to recoup some money.
But as a buyer it makes no sense.   If you think you can make money trading to
want the software in the first place, given what should be realistic targets
of income worrying about the difference in price seems silly.    Just my 2
cents.