Re: TS 4.0 for sale

Robert W Cummings wrote:

> Screw Omega I have an attorney as well and if I choice to sell it I will.
> If they wanted to keep ownership rights then they should lease it like
> everybody else to keep ownership rights.

The difference is, of course, that a license permits permanent usage, while
leasing would only be temporary.

> You can put anything in writing
> and it doesn't mean its legal anybody ever heard of them enforcing this B.S.

Here's the thing though.  If they know that the license has been transferred,
they can refuse to provide support, patches, etc.  The new owner would have to
take them to court to try to get this stuff, and since the license states that
it isn't transferable, the odds of winning wouldn't be that great.  Bottom line
- this sucks for sure, but I don't think that much can be done about it if Omega
sticks to their guns.

Regards,
A.J.