Re: Stops in TradeStation/SuperCharts

  • To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Stops in TradeStation/SuperCharts
  • From: Dennis Holverstott <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:31:14 -0700

Bob Fulks wrote:
> I wondered if others agreed with my conclusions?

Bob, I think you described the behavior of stops in TS quite well. I
would add that combining stop and limit orders can get you in big
trouble if they are both hit on the same bar. TS has no way to know
which was hit first and has to "guess" based on the bouncing ticks.

Used with discretion and knowledge, the stop and limit orders are quite
useful. Unfortunately, as Bob pointed out, they can be a tool for
unscrupulous vendors to present backtest results that are "too good to
be true."

--
   Dennis