Re: SPUroll.zip at www.eskimo.com

In a message dated 98-06-16 16:34:31 EDT, jimo@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  CwWaring@xxxxxxx writes:
>  >> problem_description
>  >> I have downloaded a SP tick data zip file.
>  >> When unzipped it is made up of two files
>  >>   *.idx and *.dat
>  >> Please tell me how to use these files or to paste them in?
>  >>  Thanks Charlie WAring
>
>  Charlie,
>
>  There should be THREE files in that zip (I just looked, to confirm this).
>  The third file has no extension, and is 32 bytes long.  It's a dummy
>  file used simply to hold a name.  Somehow, your TS 4.0 should be able
>  to import this data, which was copied out of TS 3.5.  Since I don't
>  use TS 4.0 myself, I can't give you step-by-step instructions, but
>  surely someone can.  I can't believe that TS 4.0 is incapable of using
>  data copied out of TS 3.5.  Unfortunately, the reverse process isn't
>  possible.
>
>  To techsupport: the data is described in the accompanying .txt file.
>  If you provided the capability to import and export data into/out of
>  TS 4.0 without hiding it behind the .omz mask, I'd be willing to
>  upgrade from TS 3.5.
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Jim

Thanks Jim

Well that will work.  Once I moved them into TS\PASTE the scan could find the
files.  Can't find them in a different directory-don't know why they bother to
scan.
But I got as far as the conversion and stopped.  I don't want to over write
the current SPU8 data.  Where will this data go?  I may need to copy out and
paste back in?

Tortuous process.

Neil- I think TICK DATA has a $40 piece of software to create continous but
non-adjusted data, but I think it only works on their data?  I don't know why
TS doesn't provide that - I doesn't seem difficult and is the obvious
requirement to test using the TS capabilities.  But that another issue surely
solved in TS 6.0