protecting systems from prying eyes...

I am going to work on a trading desk with 8 to 10 other people, and I am
interested in using some kind of encryption software to keep others from being
able to steal/copy the files containing my systems, workspaces, and historical
data?  Has anyone had experience with available encryption programs?  I know
McAfee has one among others, but I am worried about the software interfering
with my live quote feed or tradestation software.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Sethw2@xxxxxxx