Re: Trading Advice

Manning,

Thanks for the advice regarding intra vs. inter day trading. I've
decided that I definitely want to stick with EOD trading until my
confidence (as well as my account!) is quite a bit greater than now.

My primary desire for TradeStation is for the extra flexibility of the
PowerEditor vs. the QuickEditor. In fact, I was hoping that Omega may
have a slightly less expensive EOD version of TS, but they do not
currently offer such a product and it is doubtful that they will in the
future (though I believe they used to offer such a product.)

For my current state of trading, I wish that there was a product
somewhere between SuperCharts and TradeStation. While I'm sure that
SuperCharts EOD is a very fine product, it seems to me that many more
traders are in my position, looking for a more sophisticated systems
design tool such as TS, but not needing the intraday stuff quite yet.

I was made a good offer on TradeStation (including a promise of not
having to pay more than $99 for the 5.0 upgrade and the very real
possibility that I may receive the upgrade for free) so I decided to
"bite the proverbial bullet" and go for it.

What I may end up doing is activating delayed quotes for TradeStation,
thus allowing me some control of my buy and sell prices during the day
(though I won't actually be buying or selling based on intraday signals,
of course.)

Looking forward to learning more about trading systems development from
you and the others on the Omega list.

BTW, my current EOD DialData feed which I use with SC should work fine
with TS for EOD work, correct?

Regards,

Joe Balsamo
San Diego, California

Manning Stoller said:

>Dear Joe,
>I for one do think that you are not beating your head against a brick
wall
>using Supercharts or any other end of day program.
>Please don't think that trading intraday assures success in trading. If
>anything, trading intraday often hurts rather than helps many traders.
>There is a lot to say in favor of interday rather than intraday
including
>developing a trading plan when markets are closed and developing  the
>discipline of always controlling risk (stops). Intraday traders often
will
>"watch it" rather than following through. Intraday traders will often
go
>with a lot more "gut" trades by getting caught up in the excitment of
the
>tics.
>
>For the sake of your account balance, master interday trading first.
When