re:win 3.1

I've never had a problem running win 3.1 software on my win95 boxes.
You install it as usual and off you go. If anything it is usually much
easier to remove if you don't like it since it won't create any registry

entries. ( delete the program folders)
If you are especially concerned you can make backups of your
autoexec.bat, config.sys and win.ini files. easliy accessible by running

sysedit, located in windows/system/sysedit.exe   I just made a shortcut
to it and put it in a system utilities folder.