Date sent:        Tue, 19 May 1998 12:54:06 PDT
Send reply to:    tips@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From:             TipWorld <tips@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:               win95tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:          Microsoft Windows 95 Tip of the Day [Copy drive using third-party utility - 05/19/98]

TipWorld - http://www.tipworld.com
The Internet's #1 Source for Computer Tips, News, and Gossip

Proudly presents:
The Windows 95 Tip of the Day
Made possible today by

Micron Electronics

SERVER GROWTH HAS NEVER BEEN THIS EASY AND AFFORDABLE!

Growing quickly? The NETFrame(R) 3100 server has lots of headroom to
upgrade & grow with you. Hot swap hard drives, RAID & remote
management capabilities. Comprehensive Support program included.
Starting at only $3199 from Micron Electronics.
http://www.tipworld.com/arts.cgi?micron0518tw

And now for today's tip...

WHERE THERE'S A BUCK, THERE'S A WAY

A while back we ran a tip called "The Windows 95 Swap Meet," which
referred you to an article in Microsoft's Knowledge Base for
instructions on copying Windows 95 to another hard drive. A number of
you wrote in with third-party software suggestions for facilitating
this process.

The most straightforward of these programs is PowerQuest's DriveCopy
($29.95). In just a few simple steps, it copies everything from the
old drive to a new one. If you prefer a fuller-featured program, try
Partition Magic ($54.95 after a $15 rebate), also from PowerQuest.
For more information, point your Web browser to

http://www.powerquest.com/product/dc/index.html
(for DriveCopy)

or

http://www.powerquest.com/product/pm/index.html
(for Partition Magic)

A special thanks to R.S. Jackson, M. DiStasio, and M. McClung for
these suggestions!

Shawn Devlin
shawnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx