Re: Windows NT

I got rid of win95 6 months ago, and am very glad I did. I am running NT
workstation on a Micron laptop Transport XPE (150 MHz, Pentium w/MMX, and
80 Megs of Ram). I have used TS for five years, and it runs great under NT.
My only comment is to buy a machine with NT already installed on it, as
tracking down all the device drivers is a real pain. You also want a lot of
memory, NT is a real hog. It also has a DOS emulator that allows me to play
my DOS based "GO" game.

I have not installed service pack 3, as someone (I forget who) told me that
it could cause certain conflicts with TS. Perhaps the biggest reason I like
NT so much is that when I converted this computer over to NT, I partioned
my 2 Gig HD, into 2 logical drives. Drive C has 200 MB and uses the FAT
file structure, while Drive D has 1.8 MB and uses the NT file structure.
The huge advantage is that just before I converted over to NT, I had maxed
out my HD. After reloading all of the previous data and programs I have 174
MB of space left in drive C, and 1.4 GB in drive D!

The NT file structure is a lot more efficient. My last comment is that
Microsoft told me that you want to make sure that you have your C: drive
set up with the FAT file structure in case the HD crashed, and/or NT
developed a fatal error.

John Hayden